Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Three Alarmed Pigs

First Pig: Quick! Christmas is coming! HIDE!
Second Pig: OMG! I haven't bought my KK present!
Third Pig: "Deck the halls, with boughs of holly"
First Pig: I'll "DECK" you in a sec! Now MOVE!


I do seem to have a great liking for alarmed faces, but the bottom one looks like he's singing carols.



To make the piggy faces you need the following items:
Cutters:
  • Froggy
  • Small Circle
  • Oval or "O" letter
  • Small Icing Tip 
  • Nori Punch
Food:
  • Processed Meat (Ham, Fritz, Belgium, Devon, Deli, Chicken, Turkey...)
  • Carrot
  • Radish
  • Nori Sheet

I promise to take step by step photos next time, but its pretty basic:
  1. Cut Meat with Frog face cutter
  2. Cut White Radish with small circle cutter
  3. Cut Carrot with Oval cutter (if you have a darker processed meat, use that instead - looks better.  I just had to do with what I had.)
  4. Cut nostrils out of carrot using small icing tip
  5. Punch Nori Sheet with Nori Punch
To assemble:
Place Face down first, then nose, then eyes.  Use tweezers or the wet tip of a chopstick, to arrange the nori cuts and create your unique expression, make your pigs happy, sad, sleepy, annoyed, or in my case alarmed! 

Well its almost Christmas, and you would be alarmed too if you were a pig.

Other items in the bento:
C.Tomatoes, Cherries, Broccoli, Carrot Flowers, The Foccacia is filled with more processed meat.


No comments: