• 5 eggs
• 1 cup) self-raising flour
• 375g zucchini, washed, top and tail removed, chopped into 2cm blocks
• 2 red onion, peels and quartered
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1/2 120g of block cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
• 60ml (1/4 cup) Olive Oil
• Food Processor (FP)
• Mixing Bowl
• Preheat oven to 170°C.
• Grease and line baking pan a A4-ish size lamington pan.
• In the food processor, finely chop 2 red onions. Remove from the FP, and add to mixing bowl.
• Beat Eggs in the FP, add flour, whizz until flour is well mixed. Add to mixing bowl
• FP the zucchini to a finely chopped consistency. Add to mixing bowl
• FP the cheese with 1/4 cup of flour. Add to mixing bowl.
• Add the oil to mixing bowl.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Now stir the onion, egg/flour, zucchini, cheese, stir until well combined.
• Pour into pan, don’t fill to the brim. If you lots of mix, split into two pans.
• Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
• Take out, let cool before cutting.
• Can be eaten cold or reheated.
Large Zucchini have bitter skin. You will need to peel it.
Salt and Pepper
Heavy hand required, eggs are not tasty without S&P if you are using a grinders I would suggest at least 1 turn of salt and pepper per egg
Recipe Adapted from taste.com.au