500g turkey mince
1/2 cup almond meal
1 small onion cubed
1 small apple cubed
3 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper
- Prepare the oven at 180*C and 2 baking trays lined with baking paper
- Blitz onion, apple, jam, egg and herbs until finely chopped.
- in a mixing bowl, mix the turkey almond meal and blitz mix. mix well.
- Spoon all of the mix into a ziplock bag. Cut off the tip. gather the other three corners, so you have a make-shift piping bag.
- Pipe balls of meat on the baking trays. They don't expand so you can pipe the balls closely together on the tray.
- Put in the oven bake for 15-20mins. until cooked through (cut one in half) if the juice is pink then it needs another 5 minutes in the oven.
- Take out of the oven and rest to cool.
Pop into stews, salads, soups, noodles, stir-frys or in the freezer for a rainy day.
- Roll the balls in egg and then flaked almonds. then bake
- Add chopped apricots if you want more sweetness
- change apricot jam to cranberry jam
- Stuff a piece of camebert cheese in each ball