Friday, September 10, 2010

Lavender Biscuits


Lavender Biscuits
Originally uploaded by EvaApple


I was collating all the pastry recipes in my cookbooks last night when i found a lavender biscuit recipe. "Ahh-Ha!" I said triumphantly, "I happen to have some culinary lavender, sitting there waiting for me to use!" Now go to sleep!  [more]

 I had bought the Lavender from Cedar Park Lavender Farm, Yaramalong Valley.

The next morning, I got up, showered, dressed and debated. Go in early and sit at the computer and work. Or. Bake.

Duh.

The whole baking session was about 1hr, yielded 30 cookies, and the house smelt so good! It was a mix of hot buttery cookies and faint aroma of lavender. And the biscuits were very nice, crumbly and fragrant, not too much butter which is a nice change.

I took 2 dozen into the office, and they were gone within minutes!


Lavender Biscuits
Recipe:
115g Butter
115g Caster Sugar
1 egg
2g or 1tbs lavender heads
170g SR Flour

Cream the butter and sugar, add egg. beat well.
Stir in lavender heads and sifted flour
Drop teaspoons on baking tray (2.5cm = 5cm spread)
Cook in a 170*C oven for 15-20mins until pale gold in colour
Put on wire rack to cool.

Eat with coffee, or a strong pot of earl grey tea

I cant remember the title of the book (know the cover and it was a bloke), I'll post it up when I get home.

No comments: