Hot, thick fluffy pancakes, with lashings of sweet maple syrup, will pick up the lowest of spirits and sunshine will return.
350g SR flour
30g white sugar
2 tbsp vanilla essence
20 g butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients, let it stand for 20mins. then pour the batter into a jug for easy pouring.
- Heat the frying pan. turn down the heat. add small smudge of butter and when its nearly melted pour batter on the butter. Keep the heat on low.
- When you see bubbles pop in the middle of the pancake, carefully lift and flip. Rub gently on the spot so the base seals and the bubbles are trapped. This gives you the fluffy pancakes you are aiming for.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To serve, a knob of butter and a jar of maple syrup. or your choice of jam and cream or strawberries and yogurt.