Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Bento Library

Today I thought I would share my bento books with you.  Its a small collection, but its growing!
My Precious Books

Thank god for Kinokunya! If it wasn't for them I would be paying even scarier prices with online book shops.

Books (Image 1)
Kaerenmama no Mainichi Kawaii Character Bento  [Purchase]
はじめてのキャラ弁 忙しい朝でも、かわいいお弁当がスグ作れる![Purchase]
Hajimete no Egokoro Bento - Oishii! Kawaii! Tanoshii!  [Purchase]
Bento Boxes: Japanese Meals on the Go  [Purchase]

Book (Image 2)
Kawaii Bento Boxes: Cute and Convenient Japanese Meals on the Go  [Purchase]
いちばんわかりやすい!飾り巻きずしの作り方  [Purchase]
Face Food Recipes  [Purchase]
Face Food:The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes  [Purchase]


Now if I was to rate them:

Most Inspiring: Kaerenmama - Her book is easy to follow, despite the japanese writing, which yours truly cannot read! 
Most Freakiest: Face Food - There are some bento artist in the world that show their dedication, determination, single-handed mindness, and downright scary attention to perfection.  This series is a book about them.
Most Admirable: 飾り巻きずし (Panda Book) This is a recipe book from Kawasumi Ken, a renown sushi chef in Japan.  I have made the panda from this book. (hard work) one day ill do the Koi.  One Day.  

One Day.

No comments: