Sunday, December 20, 2009

Degas Bento

On the nineth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 9 ladies dancing...

9 ladies!!!
NINE fricking ladies! Cripes!
These quantities are getting a bit silly! It would mean making 9 pretty dresses, 18 arms and legs and 9 heads, and nine rice balls to sit the prima donnas on? Or cheat and make one big picture bento? Yeah. Who am I kidding? Picture Bento.

I did art in high school and one of the artists I admired was Degas. He did a series of ballerinas that are pretty and very light hearted to look at. Here's one of them below.
And here is my Degas Bento.


The ballerina is made from turkey breast, champagne ham, seaweed ribbon, lettuce hair and tomato crown. The flowers on her dress are deep fried shallots and the floor had to be coloured with soy so the leg could stand out.

Other Bentos



No comments: