Friday, November 27, 2009

5.30am Bentos

This time I didn't stay up! I'm not going to be a mess, because I went to bed EARLY! and woke up early today too!

On a side note. I'm a bit disturbed by the dream i had, Where I had to go downstairs to get to the carpark and one step was a good one metre drop! Which is fine if your in sneakers but I was wearing stilettos in this dream...

Anyway back to bentos.
I've been following AnnaTheRed's Bento Factory Website, obviously she's more pro than me, but she's a great source of inspiration! (And today I've been inspired by her Sheep Giris, and Ponyo Sisters! So cute!)

Items
Onigiris - this time they have no filling, just the RVSS mix. - But i made sheep faces! and to follow the vampire theme, a bloodsucking Onigiri, and a few mutants.




Beef Meatballs - these have tofu in them!!! It add health factor along with moisture, as bento need to have a dry factor, something a bit wet is nice on the palate.



Ponyo Sisters, I had some big grape tomatoes and this seemed like the perfect use of them. Rarely do i have ham in the fridge (gets hoovered pretty quickly) They are so cute. ATR's instructions are great, so much so that i could do them from memory.


Anzac Cookies - well you know that Massive biscuit i baked yesterday? Well i thought i would make one big one and cut them out... right? Wrong. ANZAC is very soft when warm. Lucky however as its still mallable, so i ripped of little bits of the monster cookie and rolled them into balls and other shapes! They still taste good and the fit in the bentos to boot! NICE!

No comments: