Monday, March 17, 2008

How to make your partner cook more frequently

Add lots of curry powder.

I made lamb shanks using the shuttle chef on Friday (Kath heres the recipe!) I mixed it Friday, slow cooked it Friday night then left it to stew Saturday in the fridge. 2 days of cooking! But while i was mixing it i added a little too much curry powder... and the result was a rather spicy but so yum lamb shanks!.

Steph has the chilli tolerance of a baby's bottom. He managed to eat the meat and left the rest, delcaring it to be too spicy. Then informed me that he was going to make the bangers and mash (we're to have tonight) to protect himself from the chilli.

Wuss. Oh well I don't have to cook! YAY!

3 comments:

kathelen said...

cool! another recipe to add to the thermal cooker collection!

Eva said...

Kathelen??

ooh a new one! sounds like someone trilling out your name over the fence...

oh Kath-El-En!!!

It was good! I want to make the beef brisket when i come back... figured it will be cold enough by then

kafleeeeeeeeeeeeen said...

whoops - you'd think i could spell my name right...must've been a late night...