Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One out, two to go

Today I had to extract a wisdom tooth.

Three injections of numbing stuff, my mouth felt like it was full of cotton balls. As we were waiting for the numbness to set in, the Dental Nurse was telling me her horror wisdom tooth extraction story! She had two out on either side and ended up drooling from both corners, while she was on the bus going home!!! Gross! Even the Dentist chided her for telling me horror stories.

It was a bit scary during the extraction, every time he reached for another tool it seemed bigger than the first! I was starting to wonder if he was going to bring out a hammer and chisel!

Fortunately not, its out and its done. Now the numbness stuff is wearing off, and I'll be living on Nurofen Plus for the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Denzil said...

ur lucky.. i had all 4 out all at once. that was a day trip to the hospital and i couldnt eat solids for a week.. i was so sick of pea and ham soup just thinking about it makes me sick. and thats not to mention the ice packs i had to strap to my face - which had swollen up bigger than a balloon!