Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cure all?

I regularly call my mother for advice on many things, usually medical (being a nurse and all), and so last night I called my mother for some advice on taking Glucosamine to help with the Arthritis I've inherited from my parents.

Mum said that Glucosamine was good, but it takes a while to build up in the body (mum said months), and at nearly $30 for 50 tablets, it was an expensive option. Mum then suggested that I try a couple of teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in a glass of water as it has 'Amazing healing properties'.

So, we bought a large bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar and thought I'd give it a try, you can't go wrong with 750ml for approx $2.50.

After a quick Google Search, I found some interesting claims, so I'm willing to give this a shot, anything to relive the dull pain of arthritis in my hands.

Earth Clinic gave the most comprehensive coverage on this 'cure all' Apple Cider Vingegar. Additionally, it's meant to help with "sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout". in addition to this, "Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight."

So here I go, I just had my 1st glass of Water & Cider Vinegar, and while it tasted acidic, and like a bad lime cordial, I'm giving it a shot.

I'll keep you posted on how things go...

No comments: