Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter time

Happy Easter everyone!

I hope everyone is devouring chocolate goodies today!

For my egg input I thought I would make Chinese Tea Leaf Eggs.

The variation of recepiese on the web are amazing! Some with just tea leaves and aniseed stars up to one with all sorts of medical chinese ingredients! Scary!

So rather than make fake tea eggs i thought i would wing it a bit...

So after boiling the eggs in salted water and then cracking the shells after they had cooled. I gathered a pile of chinese herbs along with a few star ainseeds and cinammon sticks, some dark soy, sugar and light soy, and 2 tablespoons of Pu-Erh/Bow-Lei brought it all to the boil then placed the boiled cracked eggs in for a spa simmer.

And here they are having a bit of a sauna (too hard to take photos of eggs in spas)

And heres the end product... Taste? Pretty Good!

No comments: