Steph and I have just returned from the Good Food and Wine show at Sydney Exhibition Centre
Together with a gazillion people we sampled Food, Wine and Beer, it was cramped, it was crowded but we had a wonderful time!
A few of the highlights
- The wine from Beelega their White Shiraz was delicious!
- Cab Sav from Angroves Long Row range – very smooth and drinkable there and then
- Beez Neez – honey flavoured beer – for a girl that doesn’t drink beer this one was edible!
- The cocktail show by Woody White Velveteen with vodka, frangelico white cranberry juice and lime bloody fantastick
- Running into Chris and Rob – Chris had dye her hair a lovely autumn shade, and it was a pleasant surprise seeing them there too!
- The pickled onions with dried chilli - My mouth was on fire!
- The sakata stand – the snooty crackers are very yum!
- Mersey Valley sharp and crumbly Cheese Classic – so yum!
- Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!
- Jelly Bean Stall
- Donna Hay Stand
- Pizza Performace (tho we missed most of this as we were hunting down alchol.
We came back with so many showbags, and the goodies can be seen below.
Mine would have to be the MasterFoods Showbag
Other showbags we got included
Tasmanian Heritage ShowBag - one of the more $$$ ones but gotta support Tassie!!!
Good Taste Showbag This had the spray on Olive oil (something ill never Buy on my own)
McCormick Showbag - i got some dinky icing stuff in this... god knows why!!!
Ayam ShowBag - with curry powder, oyster sauce, a groovy pen and a receipe book (this one was the cheapest @ $5)
At this point I would like to point out that when I'm Tipsy i have no control over my wallet!!!