Thursday, January 20, 2005

Sydney Weather

There's something about Sydney I'm slowly getting used to, the weather! Some times it will take a few days after they "predict" the rain, but for a change, it happened like clockwork.



In the radar image, where you see Randwick in the middle of the page, we're only just down the road in Alexandria, and so far tonight we've been belted with rain, hail and lightning, and to the west, there looks like there's more, see the Bureau of Meteorology Radar image site for a moving version, pretty cool!

I am a little worried though, Kathleen has invited us out to Symphony in The Domain on Saturday, and the outlook is not looking so good. According to the current forcast we've got thunderstorms Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I'm hopeful that there will be no rain because they're playing my favorite orchestral piece; Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture complete with cannons and fireworks over the city. I can only hope that the weather fines up long enough for them to get to the cannons!

I have my Mother to thank for the love of the 1812 Overture. Mum would sit me infront of the stereo and play this peice, and others (I'm even honoured with the title of ruining Mum & Dad's favorite record, a story to be told later on) at full blast in the hope that it would make me a brillian musician, but alas mum's visions were not to come true, but this is one piece of music that has stuck with me for ever, thanks Mum!

No comments: