Monday, January 31, 2005

An office with a view

One of the things I like about my job is the view, even though I'm on level 2 of a building over looking darling harbour, it still has a reasonably good view. I get to watch the planes on their final approach to Sydney Airport, and what's going on below us at the Darling Harbour Monorail terminal.

Sometimes from our vantage point we get the mid morning & mid afternoon nookie sessions on the benches etc. But usually it's amusing watching the passers by that cross the bridge.

But today, was the funniest I've seen in a while. Just by chance I got up out of my seat and wandered to the window to take a look outside, and low and behold there was this girl, marching up and down just outside the window and she didn't look all that happy (body language says allot), and looked like she was having an argument on the phone, as you do...

As the conversation went on, she was getting more and more agitated as the call went on and then suddenly she took the phone from her ear and held the phone keypad towards her face and it looked like she yelled quite hard into it, but the funny bit was when she then threw the mobile down with some force onto the park bench, only to have it bounce back at her, and she grabbed it and started yelling back into the Key Pad again, and then stormed off at top speed.

My comment to a colleague was... "Hmm looks like someone's not getting dinner tonight".

Funny though, it just makes me remember of the Yellow pages add of this guy that had problems with his zipper and stood up against a Mirrored glass building thinking that there was no one on the other side, and tried fixing his zip, but the lady on the other side got quite a shock.

No comments: